Industrial Hygiene and Personal Exposure Assessment
Solutions EHS offers industrial hygiene and personal exposure assessment services overseen by a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH#9922). Our experienced and well-qualified industrial hygienists will develop an effective strategy to accurately identify, characterize, assess, and control occupational exposures at your workplace. We offer a variety of industrial hygiene services ranging from single air monitoring projects, to implementation of a comprehensive exposure assessment strategy in accordance with American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) guidelines. Solutions EHS will help your organization manage on-going occupational health risks such as damage to your employee’s health, regulatory non-compliance, and legal liability.
Chemical Exposure Assessment and Personal Air Monitoring
OSHA requires periodic air monitoring for employee exposures to 32 carcinogenic substances and sets permissible exposure limits for more than 600 chemicals. Solutions EHS can conduct a comprehensive exposure assessment and provide air monitoring services to identify and assess your employee's exposures to hazardous chemicals. Our services include:
- Comprehensive exposure assessment services to evaluate and prioritize personal air monitoring needs.
- Personal air monitoring for chemical contaminants using OSHA and NIOSH validated sampling methods.
- Exposure determination assistance for OSHA substance specific chemicals, to include silica, lead, cadmium, beryllium, arsenic, hexavalent chromium, etc.
- Statistical analysis of exposure data to quantitatively characterize employee exposures and target intervention.
- Chemical analysis using AIHA accredited industrial hygiene laboratories.
Noise Monitoring and Hearing Conservation
OSHA requires employers to conduct noise monitoring when employee noise exposures may meet or exceed the OSHA "action level" of 85 dBA as an 8-hour time-weighted average. If the action level is exceeded, employers must implement an effective hearing conservation program comprised of on-going noise monitoring, annual audiometric testing, and annual training and hearing protection. Let us help your organization develop an effective hearing conservation strategy, to include:
- Preliminary noise surveys to identify high-noise areas and employee exposure groups requiring further evaluation.
- Personal noise dosimetry to determine compliance with the OSHA action level and permissible exposure limit.
- Hearing conservation program development, including noise control strategies, employee training, personal protective equipment and on-going monitoring.
Medical Laser Safety Officer Services
Compliance with ANSI Z136.3 Standard “Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care,” is required by the Joint Commission, 105 CMR 121.00 in the state of Massachusetts, and under OSHA’s General Duty Clause. Solutions EHS offers the following services to assist your health care facility with the development and implementation of a compliant laser safety program:
- Development of an ANSI Z136.3 compliant written laser safety program.
- Contract Laser Safety Officer (LSO) services.
- Laser hazard evaluations and personal protective equipment selection.
- Registration assistance for class 3b and 4 lasers in accordance with 105 CMR 121.00.
- On-site Laser safety training for affected health care personnel.
- Laser safety audits to validate compliance with ANSI Z136.3 and applicable OSHA standards.
Laboratory workers are exposed to a variety of potential hazards to include chemical, biological, physical and radioactive hazards. Solutions EHS is here to help your laboratory comply with the OSHA Laboratory Standard (29 CFR 1910.1450) and other applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. formaldehyde, laser safety, bloodborne pathogens, etc.). Our services include:
- On-site compliance services to identify laboratory specific safety program and permitting requirements.
- Chemical Hygiene Program development and implementation assistance.
- Chemical exposure assessment to properly identify controls and verify their effectiveness.
- Laboratory safety and hazard communication training.
- Development of laboratory decommissioning plans in accordance with ANSI/AIHA Z9.11.
Hazardous Waste Site Safety Support
The OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard applies to the both the clean-up operations at hazardous sites and hazardous materials emergency response. A Solutions EHS professional can assist your organization by providing:
- On-site Safety and Health Supervisor support.
- Site-specific safety and health plan development and review.
- On-site perimeter, work area, and personal monitoring for airborne hazardous substances, particulate, and noise.
Laboratory Fume Hood and Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
Solutions EHS provides laboratory fume hood, paint booth, and industrial local exhaust ventilation (LEV) testing and certification in accordance with ANSI/AIHA/ASSE Z9.5, SEFA, ASHRAE 110, and the ACGIH Industrial Ventilation Manual to include:
- Inflow (face) velocity measurements.
- Airflow smoke testing.
- Cross draft airflow testing.